Raising awareness of workplace charging for electric vehicles
All content on this case study was created prior to the acquisition of EB Charging by Blink Charging.
Welcoming the rEVolution with Blink
Lambert Smith Hampton are a commercial property management consultancy. They are the managing agents for Leavesden Business Park, which is attached to the home of Warner Bros. Studio and Harry Potter Tours.
- Management of a dual-output workplace charger in the staff car park.
- Provision of remote support.
- Billing of EV drivers among the tenants on the business park for their EV energy use.
As part of the launch, Blink organised and facilitated an EV awareness day for the staff, promoting the latest range of EVs available on the market, as well as providing information around charging and registering for a RFID (radio frequency ID) card. Exhibitors present included Nissan, BMW, Tesla, Renault, Volvo, and Mercedes.
What was achieved?
The Lambert Smith Hampton site manager is now provided with quarterly reports which detail:
- Supplied on-site energy
- Amount of revenue generated
- Breakdown of reduced emissions
- A summary report was received at the end of 2017, showing that the total energy supplied had powered the equivalent of 5,634.86 miles (assuming 3.5 miles/kWh).
A site survey is now underway, with a view to installing the next round of chargers, ensuring that Leavesden Park is ready for the future rEVolution!
N.B All Blink chargers use 100% renewable power.